Church of the Ascension

Church of the Ascension started as a mid-week Holy Communion Service for staff and students of St. Andrew’s School after World War II. It was only in 1952 that this Service was renamed as Church of the Ascension (COA).

COA moved to its current site on Ascension Day in 1962. The church building is conserved as a national heritage building and is also known as the "church on the hill". It was the place where residents of Potong Pasir sought refuge in the 1960s whenever there were floods.

Today, COA provides chaplaincy support to the students at Ascension Kindergarten, Little Seeds Preschool (Ascension) and St. Andrew's Junior School. COA strives to be a light for Christ in Potong Pasir and the newly developed estate of Bidadari.

Want to know more? Click to watch the full video!

Prayer Pointers for Church of the Ascension

1. Pray for God’s leading for Church of the Ascension (COA) to grow deeper in faith and love for Christ and one another.

2. God's strength and favour in COA’s Chaplaincy Ministry to the Little Seeds Preschool (Ascension), Ascension Kindergarten, St Andrew's Junior School and St Andrew’s Hall. This adds up to a total reach of 2153 students and 210 staff.

3. God's guidance for direction and steps of faith to reach out to the Potong Pasir community and beyond.

About Church of the Ascension

Parish of the Week Run to Church of the Ascension

To find out more about Church of the Ascension, head to their website using the link below.